- How do I improve the battery life of my devices?
To improve the battery life of your Orbit 3 or Orbit K ensure that you have configured your sensors to transmit according to your requirements.
The battery life varies according to the conditions and the transmission interval. The more frequent, the faster the battery will deplete.
It is important that you choose the right setup for your use-case. If you don’t need to have data every 10 minutes, but every second hour will suffice, then you will experience a significant difference in battery life.
- Are the devices waterproof?
The Orbit devices have been designed to be compact, with a nice design, that fits most industrial environments, but are not designed for submersion into water or outdoor use without cover.
The Orbit 3 has a humidity sensor with an IP67 filter membrane, but the device itself is not IP67 rated. However, the Orbit 3 works well for e.g. temperature monitoring of fridges and cold storage for the food and retail industry.
The Orbit K can be placed inside our tough box, which makes it waterproof and more durable, for harder industrial applications, e.g. for concrete monitoring at a construction site.
- How does the tapping function work?
- Can I use your devices without using your platform?
You can integrate into your own application and obtain data from the devices through our API service. We also offer hardware-only purchases, where you handle the Sigfox subscriptions.
Contact sales for a quote.
- How do I activate my devices?
Activation of devices
Before you can access the data from your devices, you need to activate them.
To activate your devices, please go to the Product Activation. Fill out the form with all the required information and your devices will be active within 24 hours after submission.
- If you want your location to have a specific name, please provide this in the “Additional Comments” field, otherwise we will use your Company Name.
- If you want to add more devices to your existing location, please provide the Location ID (can be found under “Settings” in the Sensohive App)
Creation of user accounts
The information entered during the device activation will be used to create a user account for the Sensohive App. You will receive an invitation to your new location by email after activation.
- If you would like additional users to have access, you can enter the details under “Additional User Accounts” (name + email required) during activation.
- If you have already activated, you can do it under “Settings” in the Sensohive App.
Click on Accept the invitation in the email and your browser will open a new tab. Choose your country, enter your phone number, and type in your desired password.
After filling the form, click on Sign in and you can log in with your email and newly created password.
- Which thermocouples can I use with the Orbit K?
You can use type K thermocouples with the Orbit K.
Other types of thermocouples are not supported.
- Which batteries do you recommend?
There are two main types of single-use batteries: Alkaline and lithium.
Alkaline batteries are suitable for normal applications, where lithium batteries are more ideal for applications below 5 °C/41 °F (e.g. for fridges, freezers, and cold storage).
By using alkaline batteries, the system can provide an estimation of the battery status. However, this is not possible with lithium batteries, since they have a discharge curve with an abrupt drop in voltage just before its end of life. Instead, you can set up notifications for “Radio Silence” in Sensohive App.
We recommend purchasing high-quality batteries with good reviews from trusted brands. Here are some examples:
Alkaline: Fujitsu Premium, Panasonic Evolta, VARTA High Energy (LONGLIFE Max Power / LONGLIFE Power), Duracell Ultra Power, and alike…
✓ Cheaper than lithium
✓ Battery status estimation
✖ Bad performance at low temperatures
✖ Lower capacity
Lithium: Energizer Ultimate Lithium
✓ Longer lifetime
✓ Ideal for temperatures below 5 °C/41 °F
✖ Battery status estimation
✖ More expensiveBatteries must be AA, 1.5 V.
Rechargeable batteries are often only 1.2 V and are not supported.
- How long do you store data?
You are able to access the data from your devices for up to three years back, while you are a client.
If you want to keep the data for longer, you need to export it.
- What is IoT?
IoT stands for Internet of Things. The Internet of Things is the network of devices that contain electronics, software, and connectivity, allowing them to connect, interact and exchange data.
It has become much easier and cheaper to connect everything with the Internet via different methods. When we mention everything, we literally mean everything. It can be anything from furniture, walls, and machines with incorporated sensors, to many different kinds of technologies, which can transmit data to cloud platforms. Some popular consumer IoT products are Philips Hue, Google Home, Nest Thermostats, August Smart Lock, etc.
Many experts and companies, such as Gardner and McKinsey have high expectations that many more units will get connected in the years to come.
In Sensohive we believe that IoT gets really interesting when intelligent technology is combined with real-life problems and is able to create value for users in their daily lives. This is when IoT goes from being an abstract term to actually creating solutions that matter.
What is IIoT?
IIoT stands for Industrial Internet of Things and is the use of IoT technologies in industrial and production sectors.
IIoT uses technologies, such as machine learning, big data, and AI through data from sensors and machine-to-machine (M2M) communication to automatize, optimize and keep track of different processes of production.
People have used these kinds of technologies for many years. However, it has become much more necessary and easier to keep an eye on these data – live from one’s production via new technologies and networks, such as cloud computing and Sigfox.
- Where do I login to Sensohive App?
To log in to Sensohive App use the following link: app.sensohive.comWe recommend that you save the link in your bookmarks for easy access.
- How do I add my devices to a location in Sensohive App?
If your devices have not already been added to a location, please contact Support.
- How do I remove a device from a location in Sensohive App?
To remove devices from a location, please contact support.If you remove a device, you will no longer have access to the data.
- How do I move a device to another location in Sensohive App?
To move a device from one location to another, please contact support.Data is not transferred between locations. This means that if your device has been added to “Location A”, then you will not be able to see the previous data when it is been moved to “Location B”.
If the device is moved back to “Location A”, you will see the data from the time period it has been allocated to that location.
- Can a device be on two locations at the same time in Sensohive App?
- How do I set up notifications?
It is easy to set up notifications in Sensohive App:
- Click on Devices in the menu
- Click on See more under the relevant device
- Click on Device Settings under the graph to open the settings pop-up box
- Switch from Off to On under “Notifications”
- Switch to On for the notifications you want to receive and set the values
- Choose which users should receive the notifications and how under “Persons”
- Click Save changes
- How do I create another location in Sensohive App?
To create another location in Sensohive App, please contact support.
- Why do I not receive any notifications?
If you are not receiving any notifications by SMS, then it is likely because you have typed your phone number wrong or chosen the wrong country code during account creation.
To change your phone number in Sensohive App:
- Click on Settings in the menu
- Click on the pencil icon next to your phone number
- Change your mobile number/country code in the pop-up box
- Click on Save
If you are not receiving any notifications by email, start by checking your Spam-folder (and your Updates-folder if you use Gmail).
Next, try searching and see if you find the notification(s).
If still no luck, please contact support.
- Which network does your devices use?
Sigfox, the world’s leading Internet of things (IoT) connectivity service.
- How does Sigfox transfer data?
The Sigfox network uses antennas on towers (like cell phone companies) and receives data from our devices through a global ultra narrowband radio network.
- How often can I receive data?
You can receive data at a maximum rate of every 10 minutes.
More info on data frequency limitation
The Sigfox protocol allows up to 140 messages per day. This means that our Orbit devices can send data up to 140 times per day, which is equivalent to approximately every 10 minutes.
This limitation is set by the ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) regulation, which allows devices on public radio frequencies, like the Sigfox network, to send messages for 1% of the time.
- Where can I check the Sigfox coverage at my location?
- How is the security of the Sigfox network?
Security is highly important for Sigfox. See the video below to learn more:
- What happens if there is no Sigfox coverage?
Good Sigfox coverage is required for the system to work. If there is no connectivity, the transmitted data will not be received, and the data will be lost. However, you can easily create coverage by installing a Sigfox Access Station Micro.
- What do I do if there is no Sigfox coverage at my location?
- Where can I check if Sigfox works in my country?
You can check which countries have live coverage or are under roll-out here: sigfox.com/coverage
You can check the Sigfox radio zones and configuration details here: https://build.sigfox.com/sigfox-radio-configurations-rc
Request a detailed map of your area by writing to support.
- How does the Sigfox geolocation work?
The Sigfox geolocation service works by using triangulation between the antennas that collect data from the devices. It is possible to determine a relative position and uncertainty by doing this if the data is received from several antennas.